For most of us, spring break is a nostalgic term, stirring up images spent in hostels, motels, or of developing the solo-arm sunburn (from hanging it out the car window for a multi-hour-trek to whatever beach we could hit in under eight hours). Realistically, most of us don’t have spring break anymore, or if we do, it is spent playing catch-up on chores or continuing professional education, cooking dinners, schlepping [fill in the blank here: kids, siblings, pets, parents] around, and paying bills.
Modern Ink believes you deserve some type of break, and we are willing to call it a mental spring break, in fact it’s called “ode to a mental spring break (or at least to a playlist for march). The songs aren’t beachy, kitsch, or classic, but we hope they make you feel fresh and cooled-off…isn’t that what spring break was really about anyway? Enjoy.
- 1983 (3:42) Neon Trees
- Summer, Man (3:51) Taking Back Sunday
- Giving Up the Gun (4:46) Vampire Weekend
- I’m Here to Take the Sky (3:54) D.R.U.G.S.
- Cupid’s Chokehold (3:58) Gym Class Heroes
- Imaginary Enemy (4:25) Circa Survive
- Get Higher (4:30) Paper Tongues
- Fader (3:04) The Temper Trap
- Substitution (4:39) Silversun Pickups
- 99 Problems (2:16) Hugo
- Too Fake (4:07) Hockey
- Stupid Now (4:06) Bob Mould